The cover letter for your Schengen Visa application is very important. This is where you can explain your reason for visiting Europe and applying for a Schengen Visa. This is also your way of telling the embassy if your trip will be sponsored by a friend, a family member, or your boyfriend/ girlfriend. You should take the time to write your cover letter but it need not be a lengthy letter. A simple but direct to the point letter will be enough.
If your trip will be sponsored by someone else, you might want to include the following information in your cover letter:
- Name of the person sponsoring your trip
- Job or source of income of the person sponsoring your trip
- Your relationship with each other (i.e. friend, relative, immediate family member, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, etc.)
- Proof of your sponsor’s financial capability
- Expenses that will be shouldered by your sponsor (i.e. your hotel, your plane ticket, etc.)
There are some cases wherein the visa applicant does not have one or more of the documents required for the application. Most of the time, these are financial documents such as the income tax return (ITR) or certificate of employment. You can use your cover letter to explain why you do not have those documents. You should provide a very good reason why you do not have those documents, especially the ones that would support your claim of rootedness in your country. Simply include the following information in a paragraph:
- Your reason for not having those documents
- Alternative documents you submitted to provide proof of your rootedness in your home country
Your cover letter is a very important document. This is what remains of your voice after you’ve submitted your documents. Make sure that your cover letter is able to piece together all the documents you have submitted.
Because this is a comprehensive guide for the Schengen Visa application, you will get a free cover letter template for free!! Yes, I am going to send it to you, straight to your email inbox. No more spending hours of thinking what to write in your cover letter or how to make your itinerary. I already took care of that! All you have to do is enter your email below and get these for free. I promise, I won’t spam your email inbox.
I also threw in sample templates for the letter of approved leaves and certificate of employment as freebies. If your company can issue those letters to you, then you don’t need my samples. However, if your company or employer does not normally prepare these letters and are at a loss, then you can use my samples and simply ask your supervisors to sign them.
In summary, these are what you will get when you enter your email address below to subscribe:
– Tour Itinerary
– Schengen Visa Sample Cover Letter
– Letter of Approved Leaves
– Certificate of Employment
So what are you waiting for? Click on the button below, confirm your subscription, and wait for your FREE templates to be delivered to your inbox!
If you are a busy bee and want to avail of cover letter writing services, I offer writing services on Fiverr for just $5! These letters are vital to helping you explain your purpose of travel and your plans to return to your home country and you should do your best to craft the perfect cover letter to go with your application.
Why would I need a personalized cover letter?
The free cover letter template that I offer here on my blog has been downloaded thousands of times by people from all over the world. It’s no longer unique and you will still have to edit it, like any other template, to include all the details that you need to state on it. It’s just a generic tourist visa application cover letter. There is a chance you might miss something out in your letter or you may not be able to send your point across.
Here are some of the benefits of the personalized cover letter, which I offer:
- English may not be your first language and you might feel that it’s a challenge to craft such a formal letter in another language. I can help you with that. You just have to provide me the necessary details for your letter and voila! I will create the perfect cover letter for you. No need to worry about the English grammar and how to form cohesive sentences.
- Your letter will definitely be unique. Your application is different from the others. You have the set yourself apart from the rest and show the embassy that you are serious about your application. Presenting a well-written cover letter shows that you have prepared your application well.
- You will be able to get your story and your sincere travel intentions across more clearly. For some embassies, especially those that use the services of the VFS, you are no longer interviewed by the embassy officer. Your documents will have to do the talking for you. Now, if you cannot explain clearly in your cover letter your purpose for traveling and why you submitted those documents (or failed to submit some documents), you may put your application in jeopardy. What could have been an approved visa is now a rejected application. In writing your cover letter, I will make sure that you are able to clearly express your purpose for traveling and provide assurance that you will be RETURNING to your home country.
The visa fee is an expensive one and you only have one shot at making your application the best possible representation of your travel purpose, your financial capability, and your rootedness to your home country. For just $5, you are sure to get a cover letter that best represents you. Here is a screenshot of the message from one of my recent cover letter writing clients. He got an approved Schengen visa.
What are you waiting for? Head on over to Fiverr and avail of my cover letter writing services for just $5! Or click on the photo below!